Most cars start out with a “new car smell,” but there are other specific odors that should never ignore. Identifying these smells early on can help car owners be car care.(You can visit our new members car service center at Mumbai for check up). Smell of burning carpet , gasoline… Read more.
“Unusual smells can be the sign of serious, and potentially costly, trouble for your car. By acting quickly and making necessary repairs, you’ll be able to breathe easy knowing there is no harmful damage to your car.”
Following are the warning signs that your nose can recognize:
• The smell of burnt rubber could be slipping drive belts or misplaced loose hoses that might be rubbing against rotating accessory drive pulleys. Do not reach in if the engine compartment is hot.
• The smell of hot oil could mean that oil is leaking onto the exhaust system. To verify the leak, look for oil on the pavement or smoke coming from the engine area.
• The smell of gasoline is likely the sign of a gas leak in some area of the car such as a fuel injector line or the fuel tank. Any smell of fuel can result in a possible fire hazard, so immediate attention should be given.
• The sweet smell of syrup may be a sign that your car is leaking engine coolant from a leaky component related to the car’s cooling system. Do not open the radiator cap when it is hot.
• The smell of burning carpet could be a sign of brake trouble and a safety hazard. Have your brakes checked right away, especially if this smell is happening during normal driving conditions.
CHAT NOW! If you noticed some smell and want to get check up done at our member workshops across India. CLICK here