If you want to add more years to the relationship between you and your car, give it a little extra attention in the form of an oil change, tune-up or other loving service to make sure it runs happily ever after. Just a little extra care can lead to a longer life for your car.
• Schedule a tune-up annually to optimize your car’s performance. A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions.
• Change the oil and filter per the owner’s manual. Periodic oil and filter changes keep your engine clean on the inside.
• Check the tyre pressure monthly, including the spare. Your car’s tyres affect its ride, handling, traction and safety.
• Alignment checked annually. Potholes and other road conditions, as well as normal wear, can take their toll on your car’s steering and suspension. A wheel alignment reduces tyre wear, improves fuel economy and handling, and increases driving enjoyment and safety.
• Inspect the windshield wipers and lights on the car. Lights and wipers play a major role in safe driving, and they are normal wear items that need periodic replacement.